There are many things you can do to prevent pests and insects from getting into your home. Here are some key suggestions and recommendations especially for homeowners:
- Make sure all doors to the outside are well sealed. If light can be seen from around or under a door, then insects can gain access into your home.
- Keep air-conditioning filters clean and thermostats properly adjusted. Mold and mildew build-up attracts many insects.
- Check the attic for water in the drip pan, unnecessary clutter and screened gable vents. Seal or remove cardboard boxes to prevent insects from nesting inside.
- Store all open food containers in tightly sealed containers or in the refrigerator.
- Check for pests hiding in grocery bags, packages and boxes before carrying them inside your house.
- Keep garbage cans clean and lids sealed to prevent ants, roaches and flies from feeding and breeding in the garbage.
- Keep the garage door closed, and make sure the weather-stripping along the base of the door is in good repair.
- Remove debris, clutter or woodpiles away from your home's foundation. This discourages rodents from nesting or insect infestations around your home.
- If you have air-conditioning window units, divert the drip line at least 2 feet away from the foundation of your home.
No portion of bedbugschicago.com may be reproduced without the
express written permission of Pest Control Chicagoland . Design & Concept by TPM